"The difficulty of literature is not to write, but to write what you mean; not to affect your reader, but to affect him precisely as you wish." ~ Robert Louis Stevenson



Sunday, April 29, 2012

Double Dactyls

I saw a prompt at NaPoWriMo this morning to write a double dactyl poem. I wrote one, but the rhythm wouldn't get out of my head, so that's why there are two.


Screechity-honkity,
Highway commissioners
Must have a thing about
Living life slow;

Seeing my busyness,
They try to help me by
Closing roads everywhere
I want to go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Higgledy-piggledy,
Our name is Shoemaker;
What could be simpler than
"Maker" and "shoe"?

Although the spelling is
Etymological,
People still try to start
"S - C - H - U."



~ Tamary Shoemaker
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment