"The difficulty of literature is not to write, but to write what you mean; not to affect your reader, but to affect him precisely as you wish." ~ Robert Louis Stevenson



Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Biology student blues

My cytoplasm's tired and my mitochondria are weak
I say, my cytoplasm's tired and my mitochondria are weak
But I've got three more chapters to study before I can sleep.

My cellular respiration's not proceeding efficiently
No, my cellular respiration's not proceeding efficiently
I swear I'm getting none of that glucose energy.

My cranium is drooping and I keep losing consciousness
Well, well, my cranium is drooping and I keep losing consciousness
That ol' levator palpebrae superioris just wants to rest.

I'll be full of serotonin when this final exam is passed
Oh, I'll have so much serotonin when this final exam is passed
Then drop straight to delta wave sleep and stay there for a day and a half.


~ Tamary Shoemaker
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(From a prompt at NaPoWriMo to write a blues. The effect isn't quite the same without the music. Good thing these aren't being graded.)

No comments:

Post a Comment