"The difficulty of literature is not to write, but to write what you mean; not to affect your reader, but to affect him precisely as you wish." ~ Robert Louis Stevenson



Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Caught Up

After much effort I’m glad to announce
The dishes are washed, the laundry’s done,
The house is tidied, the floor is swept,
And the budget is all caught up for once.

So here are the updated family rules.
No using dishes. Eat out of your hands;
Do it outside so the floor will stay clean.
One change of clothes will be issued per week.
And don’t spend money ever again.

I might have a chance to stay caught up then.


~Tamary Shoemaker
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(From a prompt at Poetic Asides to write a serious or silly poem. When I say things like this to my family, they laugh, but I kind of mean it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment